Skip to main content
Boxing News
  • News
  • Features
  • Opinion
  • Schedule
  • News
  • Features
  • Opinion
  • Fight Schedule
  • Current Champions
  • Magazine

Follow us

  • YouTube YouTube
  • Instagram Instagram
  • Twitter / X Twitter
  • Facebook Facebook

© 2013—2026 Boxing News

Magazine

MVP back Chantelle Cameron’s bid for Katie Taylor trilogy fight

Shaun Brown

15th June, 2025

MVP back Chantelle Cameron’s bid for Katie Taylor trilogy fight
Image credit: James Chance/Getty Images

KATIE TAYLOR could face two trilogy bouts as her illustrious career nears its conclusion. On July 11 the 38-year-old will aim to complete a 3-0 sweep against rival Amanda Serrano, headlining an eight-fight all-female card at the iconic Madison Square Garden.

Promoted by MVP, the event features several recent signings, including Chantelle Cameron, 20-1 (8 KOs). The former undisputed super-lightweight champion, who parted ways with Matchroom and then Queensberry, signed with MVP last month. The 34-year-old is set to make her second defence of the WBC Interim title against former lightweight challenger Jessica Camara on the July 11 card.

Cameron remains the only woman to defeat Taylor, 24-1 (6 KOs), ending her unbeaten streak with a points victory at Dublin’s 3Arena in May 2023. Six months later, Taylor avenged the loss, handing Cameron her first defeat. With the rivalry tied at 1-1, MVP co-founder Nakisa Bidarian believes a third fight is inevitable.

“I think win or lose Katie Taylor should fight Chantelle Cameron again,” Bidarian told Sky Sports.

“They’re 1-1. Amanda and Katie technically are 2-0 but very close fights that many people thought on both occasions that Amanda won so there’s definitely a demand for that.

“And I believe there’s a demand, at least in the UK and Ireland, for Taylor-Cameron III. We’ll try to make that happen.”

More stories

Usyk Stevenson and Inoue

James Toney snubs Usyk, Stevenson and Inoue when naming the best fighter in the world

17 Aug, 2026
Moses Itauma and Filip Hrgovic

Undefeated British heavyweight added to Itauma vs Hrgovic undercardcard

17 Aug, 2026
Ryan Garcia and Conor Benn

World champion says ‘juice heads’ Ryan Garcia and Conor Benn ducked him: “I could end them”

17 Aug, 2026
Ryan Garcia, Conor Benn and Terence Crawford

Terence Crawford doubles down on Ryan Garcia vs Conor Benn prediction: “I got him”

17 Aug, 2026
Boxing News

Since 1909

Editorial

  • News
  • Live Coverage
  • Features
  • BN Investigates
  • Opinion
  • Magazine

Boxing

  • Upcoming Fight Schedule
  • Current Boxing Champions

Company

  • About Boxing News
  • Contact us
  • Terms & Conditions
  • Privacy policy

Follow us

  • YouTube
  • Instagram
  • X
  • Facebook
  • Google News
Copyright 2013—2026 Boxing News