Skip to main content
Boxing News
  • News
  • Features
  • Opinion
  • Schedule
  • News
  • Features
  • Opinion
  • Fight Schedule
  • Current Champions
  • Magazine

Follow us

  • YouTube YouTube
  • Instagram Instagram
  • Twitter / X Twitter
  • Facebook Facebook

© 2013—2026 Boxing News

Magazine

Retired heavyweight backs Dubois-Joshua rematch

Joshua is said to be favouring a shot at redemption in his next fight

Shaun Brown

6th October, 2024

Retired heavyweight backs Dubois-Joshua rematch
Joshua was knocked down four times against Dubois. (Photo by Richard Pelham/Getty Images)

FORMER British heavyweight champion David Price has described a rematch against Daniel Dubois as “win-win” for Anthony Joshua.

Price was speaking to Boxing News on Saturday night at the M&S Bank Arena in Liverpool where local star Nick Ball retained his WBA featherweight title against Rios.

Last month Joshua was given a beating over five rounds by Dubois at Wembley Stadium in a fight where the majority believed ‘AJ’ would win the IBF heavyweight title.

The nature of the loss would normally rule out a rematch but Joshua’s promoter Eddie Hearn says Turki Alalshikh wants the rematch to happen and boxing’s biggest powerbroker currently calls the shots in the heavyweight division.

“The rematch is the no-brainer,” Price said.

“It’s a win-win for Joshua because you can go in and win the fight and right the wrong or he can go in and lose again. Nothing changes. He’s still where he is. Dubois is a wrecking machine, his confidence is sky high. If [Joshua] loses to him again it’s not the end. He can still fight Wilder, [Zhilei] ‘Big Bang’ [Zhang] or even Fury.

“There’s still options. It’s a no-brainer. What else is he gonna do?”

More stories

Carl Froch, Canelo Alvarez and Terence Crawford

Carl Froch says he would beat Canelo and Crawford but lose to another 168 legend

18 Aug, 2026
Rolly Romero and Teofimo Lopez

Teddy Atlas picks a winner in Rolly Romero vs Teofimo Lopez world title fight

18 Aug, 2026
Conor Benn and Ryan Garcia

Ryan Garcia addresses Conor Benn weight concerns less than four weeks out from fight night

18 Aug, 2026
Tim Tszyu

Former undisputed champion says he is fighting Tim Tszyu next: “We’re working on the location”

18 Aug, 2026
Boxing News

Since 1909

Editorial

  • News
  • Live Coverage
  • Features
  • BN Investigates
  • Opinion
  • Magazine

Boxing

  • Upcoming Fight Schedule
  • Current Boxing Champions

Company

  • About Boxing News
  • Contact us
  • Terms & Conditions
  • Privacy policy

Follow us

  • YouTube
  • Instagram
  • X
  • Facebook
  • Google News
Copyright 2013—2026 Boxing News