Skip to main content
Boxing News
  • News
  • Opinion
  • Features
  • Schedule
  • News
  • Opinion
  • Features
  • Fight Schedule
  • Current Champions
  • Magazine

Follow us

  • YouTube YouTube
  • Instagram Instagram
  • Twitter / X Twitter
  • Facebook Facebook

© 2013—2026 Boxing News

Magazine

Frank Warren responds to Nick Ball-Luis Nery speculation

Shaun Brown

4th June, 2025

Frank Warren responds to Nick Ball-Luis Nery speculation

NICK BALL will not be fighting Luis Nery in the next defence of his WBA featherweight title.

Ball’s promoter Frank Warren told Boxing News that the fight is “not happening” despite online speculation suggesting the fight will take place in August.

According to Franco Zorsini the two men were to face one another as part of the August 16 undercard in Saudi Arabia headlined by the 145lb catchweight clash between Teofimo Lopez and Devin Haney. As reported by The Ring that fight now looks like it will no longer take place.

¡Me informan que Nick Ball vs Luis Nery (Wba 126 libras) será el semi-fondo de Teofimo Lopez vs Devin Haney el 16 de Agosto en Arabia Saudita!

Primicia en @casacaboxingpic.twitter.com/uw1XhTIRB7

— Franco Zorzini 🥊 (@zorziniboxing) June 3, 2025

ESPN’s Salvador Rodriguez reaffirmed the news on social media platform X with plans still afoot for the fight to take place. Warren’s response leaves fans of Ball, 22-0-1 (13 KOs), wondering when they will see him next.

El Pantera @luisnerynp por el tricampeonato vs @nick_ball97. La pelea fue acordada para el 16 de agosto en 🇸🇦 , pero se espera aún anuncio oficial una vez que se cierre la pelea estelar de la función que hasta hace horas iba a ser Teofimo-Haney. Adelantó la pelea @casacaboxingpic.twitter.com/JppfmZoPlj

— Salvador Rodriguez (@ChavaESPN) June 3, 2025

Last month the Queensberry Promotions promoter revealed to BNthat a “big fight” would be announced for the Liverpudlian. All eyes are on Naoya Inoue’s career, too, with Warren calling for his man to get a shot at ‘The Monster’.

Warren said: “I like Nick in the fight [against Inoue]. Inoue, I’m a massive, massive fan. Guys get caught [in fights]. It’s when they get up and win, that’s fighters who can take a punch when you can get off the floor and come back. He’s a quality, quality fighter.”

Warren added that preliminary discussions with Inoue’s team had taken place. “They’re up for it. As I say, they gotta win their respective fights, come through those, and I’m sure we’ll get it done.”

Ball is riding the crest of a wave as one of British boxing’s leading stars. The unbeaten 28-year-old put behind him the disappointment of his draw against Rey Vargas in March 2024 to overcome Raymond Ford in his second world title attempt three months later. Dominant defences against Ronny Rios and TJ Doheny in Liverpool showcased the Scouser’s best attributes but fans will hope to see him in tougher challenges in the coming months.

More stories

Shakur Stevenson

Shakur Stevenson admits he’s ‘happy’ one boxing legend isn’t fighting in his era

17 Feb, 2026
Thomas Hearns

Tommy Hearns names the hardest puncher he ever faced: “He was different class”

17 Feb, 2026
David Benavidez

David Benavidez names the heavyweight he wants to fight if he makes ambitious move up

17 Feb, 2026
Fabio Wardley and Daniel Dubois

Lennox Lewis delivers honest verdict on Fabio Wardley vs Daniel Dubois: “He’s made some big steps”

17 Feb, 2026
Boxing News

Since 1909

Editorial

  • News
  • Live Coverage
  • BN Investigates
  • Opinion
  • Features
  • Magazine

Boxing

  • Upcoming Fight Schedule
  • Current Boxing Champions

Company

  • About Boxing News
  • Contact us
  • Terms & Conditions
  • Privacy policy

Follow us

  • YouTube
  • Instagram
  • X
  • Facebook
  • Google News
Copyright 2013—2026 Boxing News