Skip to main content
Boxing News
  • News
  • Opinion
  • Features
  • Schedule
  • News
  • Opinion
  • Features
  • Fight Schedule
  • Current Champions
  • Magazine

Follow us

  • YouTube YouTube
  • Instagram Instagram
  • Twitter / X Twitter
  • Facebook Facebook

© 2013—2025 Boxing News

Magazine

Lewis Crocker vs Paddy Donovan 2 confirmed for Windsor Park

Oscar Pick

24th July, 2025

Lewis Crocker vs Paddy Donovan 2 confirmed for Windsor Park

THE fiercely anticipated rematch between Paddy Donovan and Lewis Crocker has just been announced, confirming Windsor Park, Northern Ireland, as the destination for their all-Irish world title clash on September 13.

Their first encounter, which took place in March, saw Donovan, 14-1 (11 KOs), produce a dominant display before finding himself on the receiving end of a highly controversial eighth-round disqualification.

As it happened, the 26-year-old had already been docked two points for excessive use of the head before dropping his opponent with a shot that was landed after the bell.

Following an appeal from Team Donovan, though, the IBF ordered an immediate rematch of their final elimination bout and, in a more recent development, has presented both welterweight contenders with an opportunity to claim its full red and gold strap.

This came about shortly after Jaron ‘Boots’ Ennis announced his move up to super-welterweight and, in turn, relinquished his IBF world title at 147lbs.

As for the fight itself, Donovan will once again enter the lion’s den while, at the same time, headlining a Matchroom Boxing show at an 18,500-capacity stadium.

“It’s going to be a great atmosphere in Belfast on fight night,” the Limerick man said in a press release. “I’m looking to repeat another stellar boxing performance, set the record straight and come home with a world title. I can’t wait!”

Crocker, 21-0 (11 KOs), meanwhile, is likely to enter their rematch as a sizable underdog, especially when considering his largely one-dimensional performance earlier this year.

Yet still, the 28-year-old has nonetheless established himself as a ferocious puncher and, perhaps more importantly, should now have an added incentive to secure a second victory.

“To run it back for the IBF world title — and to do it in such an iconic stadium in Belfast, in front of my own people — is something I’ve dreamed of my whole life,” Crocker said.

“This isn’t just a rematch; it’s my chance to silence the doubters and prove that I’m the best welterweight in the world. I know exactly what I need to do and, on fight night, I’m leaving with that world title.”

Indeed, the Belfast man will need to deliver a vastly different approach, not least to negate Donovan’s crafty movement, should he wish to emerge victorious from boxing’s first-ever all-Irish world title showdown.

More stories

Eddie Futch

Boxing legend Eddie Futch named the best fighter he trained after guiding 21 world champions

30 Nov, 2025
Teofimo Lopez and Shakur Stevenson

Teddy Atlas delivers his verdict on Shakur Stevenson vs Teofimo Lopez as fight announcement nears

30 Nov, 2025
Lennox Lewis

Lennox Lewis fought some of the greatest heavyweights ever but says one man stood out as the best

30 Nov, 2025
Chris Eubank Sr and Chris Eubank Jr

Chris Eubank Sr has finally delivered his verdict on his son’s devastating loss to Conor Benn

30 Nov, 2025
Boxing News

Since 1909

Editorial

  • News
  • Live Coverage
  • BN Investigates
  • Opinion
  • Features
  • Magazine

Boxing

  • Upcoming Fight Schedule
  • Current Boxing Champions

Company

  • About Boxing News
  • Contact us
  • Terms & Conditions
  • Privacy policy

Follow us

  • YouTube
  • Instagram
  • X
  • Facebook
  • Google News
Copyright 2013—2025 Boxing News