Skip to main content
Boxing News
  • News
  • Opinion
  • Features
  • Schedule
  • News
  • Opinion
  • Features
  • Fight Schedule
  • Current Champions
  • Magazine

Follow us

  • YouTube YouTube
  • Instagram Instagram
  • Twitter / X Twitter
  • Facebook Facebook

© 2013—2025 Boxing News

Magazine

Frank Warren says ex-champ is “ready and waiting” for Katie Taylor

Taylor made it 2-0 against Amanda Serrano but is tied at 1-1 with another rival

Shaun Brown

24th November, 2024

Frank Warren says ex-champ is “ready and waiting” for Katie Taylor
Cameron is tied at 1-1 with Taylor. (Photo by James Chance/Getty Images)

PROMOTER Frank Warren insists there is only one fight that makes sense for Katie Taylor.

The Irishwoman retained her undisputed super-lightweight championship in thrilling fashion against Amanda Serrano. Their rematch was played out on November 15 in front of a huge crowd at the AT&T Stadium in Dallas and a mammoth worldwide audience on Netflix.

Taylor, 38, made it 2-0 in her rivalry with Serrano, having scored the first victory in a Fight of the Century contender in April 2022. The 38-year-old champion is making no noises about retirement and welcomed a third bout with Serrano. Warren, however, has his own female star who already has a win over Taylor.

“Chantelle Cameron is ready and waiting for the trilogy clash with Katie Taylor,” he said in his latest Daily Star column.

“There’s no fight out there which makes more sense than a clash with Cameron for the Irish fighter. I’ve seen plenty of talk this week about a third bout with Amanda Serrano after their thrilling fight in Dallas.

“But Taylor is 2-0 against the Puerto Rican – why would they have a third showdown? Queensberry star Cameron is the only woman to have a win over Taylor in the paid ranks.”

In May 2023, Cameron stunned the 3Arena in Dublin to hand Taylor, 24-1 (6 KOs), her first pro loss. Cameron, 20-1 (8 KOs), retained her undisputed 140lb title in the process but would lose it in the rematch six months later. Since then, Cameron has left former trainer Jamie Moore to work with Grant Smith and promoter Eddie Hearn to join Warren at Queensberry Promotions.

“Both fights were thrillers and everybody would want to see it again,” Warren said.

“Now I’m on good terms with Taylor’s promoter Eddie Hearn it should be an easy fight to make. The phone is on and we’re ready and waiting.

“Chantelle is mandatory challenger for the WBC title which Taylor holds so we will be pushing for that fight it they don’t come to the negotiating table. There are no stumbling blocks. We will even be on the same broadcaster [DAZN] from next April.”

More stories

Muhammad Ali and Angelo Dundee

Muhammad Ali’s trainer Angelo Dundee said one fighter hit harder than anyone else he worked with

29 Nov, 2025
Shakur Stevenson

Tim Bradley names the one fighter who could beat Shakur Stevenson: “He might be the guy”

29 Nov, 2025
Oleksandr Usyk

Interim heavyweight champion says he’s ready to take on Oleksandr Usyk for the full title

29 Nov, 2025
Ben Whittaker

Ben Whittaker predicts David Benavidez vs Dmitry Bivol as he looks to reach the top of the division

29 Nov, 2025
Boxing News

Since 1909

Editorial

  • News
  • Live Coverage
  • BN Investigates
  • Opinion
  • Features
  • Magazine

Boxing

  • Upcoming Fight Schedule
  • Current Boxing Champions

Company

  • About Boxing News
  • Contact us
  • Terms & Conditions
  • Privacy policy

Follow us

  • YouTube
  • Instagram
  • X
  • Facebook
  • Google News
Copyright 2013—2025 Boxing News