Skip to main content
Boxing News
  • News
  • Features
  • Opinion
  • Schedule
  • News
  • Features
  • Opinion
  • Fight Schedule
  • Current Champions
  • Magazine

Follow us

  • YouTube YouTube
  • Instagram Instagram
  • Twitter / X Twitter
  • Facebook Facebook

© 2013—2026 Boxing News

Magazine

Canelo-Eubank Jr talks back underway

Two big fights remain on the radar for Eubank in 2025

Shaun Brown

28th October, 2024

Canelo-Eubank Jr talks back underway
Eubank in action on October 12 in Riyadh. (Photo by Richard Pelham/Getty Images)

A POTENTIAL fight between Canelo Alvarez and Chris Eubank Jr is back on the table.

Eubank had been in the running to face the Mexican superstar in September but turned down the deal offered to him.

“For a guy who’s making 35 to 50 million a fight, don’t offer me the numbers you were offering me,” Eubank said earlier this month. “To a normal guy in the street, that’s life changing. It’s not life changing to me, and I know what’s being made everywhere else, so don’t give me those numbers.”

Eubank shook off some ring rust with a seventh-round knockout win against Kamil Szeremeta on October 12. Afterwards Eubank’s biggest rival Conor Benn entered the ring prompting some verbal exchanges between the two.

Eubank’s promoter Ben Shalom has today told Sky Sports that “small conversations” have begun for a fight against Canelo. Last month he unified super-middleweight champion won his fifth consecutive fight, since losing to Dmitry Bivol, beating Edgar Berlanga by unanimous decision.

Next year Eubank hopes to fight Canelo and Conor Benn despite the latter still currently without a British boxing licence after testing positive for performance enhancing drugs in October 2022. And the 35-year-old believes he has what it takes to make him the face of British boxing but needs legacy defining wins to do so.

“It is hard to compete with heavyweights, they have famously been the pinnacle and in [Anthony Joshua and Tyson Fury] you have two successful guys and huge characters. But they have kind of had their time,” he told Sky Sports.

“So if I do what I am supposed to do and what I am capable of in these next few fights, I absolutely believe there is a strong chance I could become the face of boxing, British boxing especially.”

More stories

Terence Crawford and Errol Spence

Errol Spence Jr opens up on whether he considered retirement after Terence Crawford loss

20 May, 2026
Devin Haney and Keyshawn Davis

Zab Judah sees only one winner in Devin Haney vs Keyshawn Davis fight: “No disrespect”

19 May, 2026
Rodriguez, Inoue and Donaire

Nonito Donaire sums up Bam Rodriguez’s chances of becoming the first man to beat Naoya Inoue

19 May, 2026
Vasiliy Lomachenko and Bob Arum

Bob Arum reacts to Vasiliy Lomachenko making comeback after Top Rank deal expired

19 May, 2026
Boxing News

Since 1909

Editorial

  • News
  • Live Coverage
  • Features
  • BN Investigates
  • Opinion
  • Magazine

Boxing

  • Upcoming Fight Schedule
  • Current Boxing Champions

Company

  • About Boxing News
  • Contact us
  • Terms & Conditions
  • Privacy policy

Follow us

  • YouTube
  • Instagram
  • X
  • Facebook
  • Google News
Copyright 2013—2026 Boxing News