Skip to main content
Boxing News
  • News
  • Features
  • Opinion
  • Schedule
  • News
  • Features
  • Opinion
  • Fight Schedule
  • Current Champions
  • Magazine

Follow us

  • YouTube YouTube
  • Instagram Instagram
  • Twitter / X Twitter
  • Facebook Facebook

© 2013—2026 Boxing News

Magazine

Boxing results: Anthony Crolla promises to come back stronger after controversial draw with Darleys Perez

Anthony Crolla 'bitterly disappointed' after being held to draw

BN Staff

18th July, 2015

Boxing results: Anthony Crolla promises to come back stronger after controversial draw with Darleys Perez

IN a bout that perhaps should not have ended the way that it did, WBA lightweight champion Darleys Perez (32-1-1, 20 KOs) retained his world title with a draw against Anthony Crolla (29-4-3, 11 KOs) at the Manchester Arena in England on Saturday night.

The Colombian-born Perez, who was fighting in the challenger’s hometown, had one judge score the fight in his favor (114-113), while another had it for Anthony Crolla (116-111). The third judge had it even at 113-113.

Most observers believed that Anthony Crolla – fighting for the first time since being attacked near his home last year – deserved to win.

“I’m bitterly disappointed I’ve not got the world title take to home with me. I thought the deductions swayed it for me,” an upset Crolla told Sky Sports afterwards.

“I had to dig deep and do the crowd proud. I will only come back stronger.

“When this opportunity came I was never going to give it up. But I promise everyone that I will win the world title.”

Perez, however, was deducted one point on two separate occasions for low blows. If not for the deductions, Perez would have won a majority decision – a result which would have been completely unfair on the British fighter. The champion, though, felt he had done enough to win.

“It’s unfortunate that the fight ended in a draw, but sometimes that happens in boxing,” said Perez. “I’m going to regroup from this and come back stronger and more determined.”

WHAT HAPPENED, MINUTE-BY-MINUTE

More stories

Roy Jones Jr and David Benavidez

Roy Jones Jr urges David Benavidez to avoid facing one man next: “It’s not smart”

22 May, 2026
Canelo Crawford and Mbilli

Terence Crawford delivers new verdict on Canelo comeback fight against Mbilli: “He wants to prove himself”

22 May, 2026
Dmitry Bivol and David Benavidez

Dmitry Bivol vs David Benavidez undisputed fight in jeopardy as Bivol set for new mandatory defence

22 May, 2026
Ryan Garcia and Conor Benn Close

Rolly Romero sees only one winner in Ryan Garcia vs Conor Benn: “Dislocate his jaw”

22 May, 2026
Boxing News

Since 1909

Editorial

  • News
  • Live Coverage
  • Features
  • BN Investigates
  • Opinion
  • Magazine

Boxing

  • Upcoming Fight Schedule
  • Current Boxing Champions

Company

  • About Boxing News
  • Contact us
  • Terms & Conditions
  • Privacy policy

Follow us

  • YouTube
  • Instagram
  • X
  • Facebook
  • Google News
Copyright 2013—2026 Boxing News