Skip to main content
Boxing News
  • News
  • Opinion
  • Features
  • Schedule
  • News
  • Opinion
  • Features
  • Fight Schedule
  • Current Champions
  • Magazine

Follow us

  • YouTube YouTube
  • Instagram Instagram
  • Twitter / X Twitter
  • Facebook Facebook

© 2013—2025 Boxing News

Magazine

Canelo’s manager shoots down Eubank Jr fight rumours

Eddy Reynoso has written off the possibility of the fight ever happening

Shaun Brown

31st October, 2024

Canelo’s manager shoots down Eubank Jr fight rumours
Canelo vs. Eubank looks as though it may never happen.

THERE have been no fresh negotiations for a fight between Canelo Alvarez and Chris Eubank Jr according to the Mexican’s manager.

Eddy Reynoso, who also trains the unified super-middleweight champion, responded to stories that emerged this week. Eubank’s promoter Ben Shalom told Sky Sports that “small conversations” had begun regarding a fight between the two.

Eubank had been in the running to face Canelo last month but the British fighter was not happy with the deal on offer.

“For a guy who’s making 35 to 50 million a fight, don’t offer me the numbers you were offering me,” Eubank had said. “To a normal guy in the street, that’s life changing. It’s not life changing to me, and I know what’s being made everywhere else, so don’t give me those numbers.”

Reynoso distanced his fighter from ever sharing the ring with Eubank when he spoke to veteran boxing reporter Dan Rafael.

“It’s totally false,” he said in response to reports.

“Eubank had his chance to fight Canelo in September and the only thing he did was complicate the negotiations. We will not touch base with him again for a future fight! Whatever I tell you is always true! I don’t like making statements but what I declare is true!”

Canelo retained his three world titles after dominating Edgar Berlanga on September 14 in Las Vegas. As for what is next, however, remains unclear. The four-weight world champion has seen his name linked to fights against Terence Crawford, David Benavidez and Dmitry Bivol.

Eubank, meanwhile, stopped Kamil Szeremeta in seven rounds to end a 13-month absence from the ring. Afterwards Conor Benn entered the ring to square-off against Eubank leading to verbal exchanges and an even greater belief that the pair could finally fight one another in 2025 providing Benn gets his British boxing licence back.

More stories

Oleksandr Usyk

Interim heavyweight champion says he’s ready to take on Oleksandr Usyk for the full title

29 Nov, 2025
Ben Whittaker

Ben Whittaker predicts David Benavidez vs Dmitry Bivol as he looks to reach the top of the division

29 Nov, 2025
Frazer Clarke and Jeamie TKV

Frazer Clarke vs Jeamie TKV: Industry predictions for the British heavyweight title fight

29 Nov, 2025
Chris Eubank Sr

Chris Eubank Sr names the former champion he saw no way of beating: “I’m glad I didn’t fight him”

29 Nov, 2025
Boxing News

Since 1909

Editorial

  • News
  • Live Coverage
  • BN Investigates
  • Opinion
  • Features
  • Magazine

Boxing

  • Upcoming Fight Schedule
  • Current Boxing Champions

Company

  • About Boxing News
  • Contact us
  • Terms & Conditions
  • Privacy policy

Follow us

  • YouTube
  • Instagram
  • X
  • Facebook
  • Google News
Copyright 2013—2025 Boxing News