BRANDON RIOS' double dose of warfare with Mike Alvarado hasn't quenched his thirst for battle ahead of a welterweight showdown with Manny Pacquiao in Macau on November 24.
In fact, Bam Bam bristled with indignation at the suggestion that those two punishing outings could have dulled his aggressive instincts during an interview in Singapore to promote the fight last week (Friday Aug 2).
"They didn't take nothing out of me," said the 27-year-old Texan-born slugger on the last stop of a four-city Asian tour that also took in Macau, Beijing and Shanghai.
"I won't approach this differently. Why should I fix something that isn't broken? My style got me this far so I'll still be aggressive and please my fans. They work hard to buy tickets to come and see me so I will give them what they want.
"I'm young and I will stop boxing when fights take something out of me. But the truth is that my last fight was just a warm-up for me."
While Rios' idea of preparation may not be for the faint-hearted, he said he thinks Pacquiao may also feel he is in the same position.
"He is coming off two losses and I'm coming off one loss so we both have something to prove," said the former WBA lightweight king.
"I'm getting ready for the best Manny Pacquiao that there ever was."
Rios, who stopped Manchester's John Murray in the 11th round at Madison Square Garden in December 2011, said he was also looking forward to being able to weigh in at 147lb for this showdown.
"Moving up in weight will help me a lot," said Rios, who twice missed the 135lb limit after securing the WBA's title in that division two years ago.
"Going to 140 for Alvarado was good, but 147 is better. I don't have to kill myself to make weight so it will be perfect."
He said he will head to Macau one week before the fight to adjust to the early morning start in place to cater for the American PPV market.
"It doesn't matter what time the fight is, I will be ready for it. I want a third fight with Alvarado but for now my focus is on this fight and I doubt it will go the distance."
Pacquiao said he wasn't going to try and force an early finish against Rios, but added that he hopes to find some kind of redemption after his devastating knockout loss to Juan Manuel Marquez last December.
"I have two or three years left in me and I want to show people that I can still fight," said Pacquiao, 34, who will remain in the Phillipines to train for the bout.
"I only lost to Marquez because of a lucky punch and these things can happen in boxing. I still feel strong and it hasn't affected me."
Top Rank promoter Bob Arum said he had been overwhelmed with demand for tickets for the fight, which will take place in a venue that seats 15,000 fans.
"People are buying from places like China, Hong Kong, Singapore, Japan, Malaysia and Indonesia," said Arum.
"We are bringing the best Asian fighter back to Asia and the fans have responded."